It’s getting to be 3 months now.
I still struggle with believing. I cannot believe Mola is
gone.
It’s not like I think she’ll come back. I don’t think this
is a bad dream, which I can wake up from.
It’s not an irrational hope.
I is that i cannot believe it happened. To me. To her.
I look at my phone and she’s there. I look at my fridge. Her
photos are on it.
She was not just an
integral part of my life. She was my life.
So I cannot get myself to believe that she is no longer in my life.
Someday it will sink in, finally. Suddenly. Without any
forewarning.
That day, I’ll cry. A lot.
And with that, may be, just may be, the mourning will be
over.
Comments
It is one thing to accept the loss of a loved one, to realise that objectively, they are no longer there and they will never come back. It is an entirely different matter to get used to this fact, to live one's life without this person's presence. That takes time. So don't be hard on yourself Dhiren. And you should cry. A lot. Allow yourself to feel pain. Don't run away from it. Don't salve it with distractions or temporary relief. Confront it. Allow yourself the experience of feeling the loss. And then maybe, just maybe, you can begin to move on. Be strong Dhiren. And being strong means allowing yourself to feel weak.