As the dust settles on Cannes 2014, the ad fraternity will
spend the next few days talking about the brilliance of the “Epic Split” and “Sound of Honda”. Whether the Harvey Nichols “I spent it on myself” campaign should
have won as much as it did. What got its fair share of fame and what work juries
couldn’t understand.
In going through the winners, I found one which I thought was
a hidden gem. It
probably got what it deserved; a bronze. It was a campaign
for Pantene Expert Hydra Repair Masque, a premium hair care product from
Pantene.
What impressed was a really smart piece of thinking – to use
a bathroom ritual as an exercise to prevent breast cancer.
Often we worry spend hours finding the exact product
connect. But here was a product that turned it’s inherent weakness – the need
to apply and wait for 3 minutes into a powerful social message.
And the message influenced not just the communication but everything,
right through to the packaging
A “shining” example of marrying usage behavior and a social
cause J.
Comments