8th March 2014.
That’s the day I brought Mola with me to Singapore.
To start what I thought would be the best time in our
relationship.
She always wanted to live outside India. She was thrilled to
bits when we decided to move here.
Over the next 8 months, we did have a ball.
She built our home from scratch. From the large sofa to the
smallest napkin in our house, she bought everything. She built the ideal Amin
home. Her way.
I didn’t work weekends. I didn’t spend evenings out with
friends. She baked, cooked. We stayed with each other. We went to Universal,
Ikea many, many times over.
We lived the life we always wanted.
It was so awesome that even her minor health complication in
September tided over without any issues.
It was perfect. Till November 24th.
I wish she were around. We would have gone to all the places
she liked, this weekend.
Without her, I can’t seem to have the heart to go anywhere
near them today.
I did what she taught me. To make chicken patties with
mince. They turned out nice, thanks to her.
Truth be told, I am doing much better now than a month back.
Life seems to be moving along now.
With Arjun and Jindal visiting, the recovery
has been healthy, I think.
But today was about her. About us. About our wonderful 8
months in Singapore.
Mola, I love you. Wish you were here.
Comments